- Remain calm– the event has already occurred and getting upset will not change the situation.
- If possible, remove the vehicle from the roadway. This will prevent another vehicle from becoming involved in the same crash.
- Be cautious about rendering assistance to anyone injured. You could be doing more harm than good.
- Take pictures of the crash immediately afterward if you have a camera or smartphone available.
- Call police to the scene. The police will gather all information necessary to help you with the insurance claim.
- Gather your facts and do not make a statement of fault.
- Ask to see the other driver’s license, registration, and insurance identification card. From the insurance card, take down the name on the card, the policy number, and the three digit insurance company code.
- Notify your insurance company as soon as possible. (Click here for list of our companies.)
Immediately after your accident, you should:
- Be contacted by an insurance adjuster within 2 business days of the report of accident.
- Complete a crash report if the damage is greater than $1,000. Currently, the crash report may be downloaded from this link – MA Crash Report
- Provide James Page insurance with any medical or towing bills.
- Receive a personal injury protection form from your insurance company if you are injured. This will allow medical bills to be paid.